Archive for December, 2009
A spike in visitors to my wallpaper posts suggest to me that many a person got a new computer for Christmas. I suppose some are getting a computer for the first time and some just upgrades but it doesn’t matter. Here are a few more that I hope you’ve never seen before.
Be aware that Chris Ferrell will be guest posting on January 2, 2010. Please stop by and read his post. It promises to be a good one.
Who doesn’t love The Sound Of Music? I’ve been watching it ever since I can remember and whenever it’s on I watch it. Christmas time is a great time to watch it again. April loves the movie too and we have the 25th anniversary edition on Blu-Ray. We watched it last night and it got me thinking and singing about my favorite things. None of the things in the song actually found their way onto my list but that’s okay. I’m not Julie Andrews.
These are a few of my favorite things:
1. People. I love children and I want three of my own. April said, “What?”
2. A great science fiction or horror movie that doesn’t involve the occult. They are very rare.
3. Good food and good wine and great friends.
4. Scenic photography, especially ice shelves, snow covered mountains at sundown, beach sunsets, National Parks, astronomy (mainly nebula), and
5. The clean way a woman smells without any perfume, lipstick, nail polish, hair spray, shampoo or deodorant. Just the smell of a clean woman.
Make sure to stop back on January 2, 2010 for our first guest blogger, Chris Ferrell from Nerds of the Round Table.
This is my first non pre-scheduled post since I was married on December 14th. I wanted to take this opportunity to thank everyone for the congratulations and well wishes. My inbox was filled cards too.
I stayed away from the computer for most of the time so I wasn’t able to respond to all the comments. I hope everyone understands. I don’t suppose there will be many visitors today but I wanted to let people know I was back.
On the off chance someone is here reading my blog, I say a very heart-felt, Merry Christmas.