Archive for November 18th, 2010
Last year I posted 61 Great Blog Post Ideas and since I was stuck for a post today, I thought it might be a good idea to revisit that post and offer new ideas. If you are ever at a loss for creative ways to write posts, take advantage of the list below.
Another List Of Great Blog Post Ideas
- Ask My Readers
Pose a real question to your readers and let them answer until you get the answer you like best. Last year I asked where I should go on honeymoon and got a few good answers even though I decided differently.
- Ask Me Anything
Let your readers pose any question to you whatsoever. Make sure you set the parameters so you don’t get questions you aren’t willing to answer.
- Create A List Of Your Best Posts
You can either chose the posts that were well received by your audience or you can pick the posts that you are most proud of.
- Review A Book, Movie, Album, or TV Show
I reviewed Splice but if you really want to see how a review is done, see Cherlyn’s review of Let The Right One In/Let Me In.
- Post An End of The Year Summary
Search through your posts and update entries that need elaboration because of the outcome, like a news story you wrote about. You can also do this on a smaller scale by updating your readers on a monthly basis.
- Make An Urban Legends Post
I did this and it will be posted on November 28th. See it then for explanation.
- Create A List Of Your Favorite Blogs
- Interview A Family Member Who Does Not Regularly Read Your Blog
Everyone wants their 15 minutes of fame and if you ask the right questions, you might be surprised at how many family and friends would like to be interviewed.
- Ask For Guest Bloggers
It has worked out pretty well for me and if your blog focuses on a particular niche, ask someone who get more traffic to their site than you do to get your site exposed.
- Write A Multi-Visitor Story
Start with a few sentences and then let your visitors add new sentences to create the story by utilizing the comment section of your blog.
- Create A Top Ten List
ListVerse has created an entire site around this idea.
- Start A Contest With A Give-A-Way
If you can afford to offer a prize to give away, create a game or contest and make sure to provide the winner with the prize. DJ is giving away $10 via PayPal right now.
- Write A Sequel To An Already Successful Post
I’m sure your older posts can either be updated or you can expound on the older post with new information.
- Create A Survey or Poll
People really do like to take part in polls. It is a fast and easy way to create a post. Make sure the topic of the survey or poll is interesting.
- Start a Meme and Schedule It
Try to make it less complicated than I did mine.
- Write Personal: Tell Everyone About Your Dream Girl/Guy or Something Else Personal You Don’t Mind Sharing.
I wish I remembered the link because a couple of weeks ago a guy shared his experience with his colonoscopy experience. Judy wrote about her dream guy earlier this week.
- Create a Post With Your Favorite Recipe
I think I have done this only twice. I gave my Miso soup recipe and also a fried Flounder recipe. This can be done often because everyone eats and entire blogs are dedicated to food. WordPress just announced recently the creation of FoodPress. Food is king content with blogs!
- Make a Serial Post
I have three serial posts; Poetic License, Guest Blogger. Lesser series include the Dear Series which are open letters and also Honorable Mention.
- Make a List Of Great Sites You Think Your Visitors Should Visit
The list will be better received if you actually visit those sites yourself.
- Create Posts That Can Be Divided Into Segments
I have one coming up the first week of December and I just had an Awesome Photography week.
- Make A List Of Blog Post Ideas
Feel free to incorporate any of these ideas into your posts. This list is a compilation of ideas I have been collecting since I started this blog.
- Explain Why You Do/Don’t Comment On Blogs
You might also explain why you do/don’t reply to people who leave comments on your blog.
- Find A Blogger To Critique Your Blog
Post their results and what if anything you plan to do about it.
- Reply To A Great Comment As A Post Instead Of A Reply
Every now and then you will receive great commentary on your post. You can make a post out of any response you might have to the comment.
- Respond To Questions Your Readers Have
I’m doing this in the form of a FAQ page, but you can just as well create a post instead.
- Be Controversial
Write an opinionated post about something. You can take the con or pro. You don’t even have to believe what you write. You are writing strictly for the controversy your post might cause. If you think there is too much alcohol abuse by underage kids create a post about how the legal age limit for college kids should be lowered.
- Post Your Blog Statistics
Share your site’s performance and ask readers how they are doing with their blog.
- I Didn’t Know That About You!
Post a list of 3, 5 or 10 things people don’t know about you and perhaps you’ve never thought to share before.
- Create A Bucket List
I think we can all think of things we would like to do before we die.
- Discuss Your Reasons For Starting To Blog Or What Motivates You To Continue
- Debate The Best Show On TV In Your Favorite Genre
I thought about doing this with Star Trek and Star Wars but I hate Star Wars too much to do that.
- 15 Tips to Get Fresh & Interesting Post Ideas(shoutmeloud.com)
- 33 Blog Post Ideas for the Personal Brand-Building Blogger (personalbrandingblog.com)
- Blog Posts and SEO-All You Will Need to Know (blacksonville.net)
- How To Get Blog Post Ideas (searchenginepeople.com)