Last year my imagination helped me come up with and execute a Dinner Party with all of my friends on my blogroll at the time. This year, I didn’t think I had it in my to replicate the success of that post. I can’t claim success just yet because this actual post won’t go live until December 25th, however I would like you the reader to help me in this endeavor.
If you want to participate in this exchange all you need to remember is:
1. The virtual gift should be appropriate for the recipient based on only what you know about that person from reading their blog. Remember it is the thought that counts.
2. Everybody on your blogroll gets a gift, but gift and card giving is not limited to only those on your blogroll. You can choose to give gifts to anyone who regularly leaves comments on your blog.
3. Have fun with it, but don’t be extravagant just because you know the gifts aren’t real. They should really and truly reflect the person’s taste.
Ex. Don’t buy Sally a plane just because she said she really wants to go to Brazil on vacation. Sally most likely won’t have the money to put fuel in the plane!
4. It does not matter if anyone else on your blogroll participates. Remember, it is more blessed to give than to receive!
If you have been neglecting your blogroll upkeep perhaps now is an excellent time to update it. Remove old links and add blogs you have been meaning to add for months now. Just a thought! Maybe you don’t have a blogroll and need to make one. Who has time for that?
There is always the issue of whether or not everyone celebrates Christmas. WordPress is a global community, however, I think if you want to give someone a gift for any reason it is your right. Whether or not they choose to accept it, is theirs.
- Christmas Party Invitation Wording (mademan.com)
- Created a New Page for my Blogroll (nishitak.wordpress.com)
- It’s beginning to feel a lot like Christmas… (myfirst5k.wordpress.com)
- Blogrolls. Does anybody use them? (gypsyroxylee.wordpress.com)
My guest blogger this month is Lakia Gordon. Lakia approached me with an idea and I thought it might be best expressed through a guest post. Lakia has been working on a project and she will share with you. If you have not visited her website, please do so before Saturday!