Archive for category United States of America
When I was a child, I spoke and thought and reasoned as a child. But when I grew up, I put away childish things.
~ 1 Corinthians 13:11
We punish our children for acting like children but we reward the actions of our Congressmen’s with repeat votes and reelections. Time for a good old fashioned whippin’. Petty disagreements that serve no purpose other than to perpetuate your argument are childish. I don’t care how old you are. It’s just a sign of how immature you are and I see so much of this in the U.S. Congress that it makes my blood boil. To me, if something has a chance of working but your party is not the one who came up with it, so what. Do the right thing. If passing a bill that will help the country but it might not impact your state in a beneficial way, and you don’t get reelected because of it – so be it. Do the right thing.
The bickering between parties is an embarrassment. No matter how good President Obama’s intentions are/were, the Republicans were going to make sure nothing he had on his agenda, made it to fruition. When the Republican party fought back against Obama it seemed to this blogger that the Democrats didn’t have the stock, hutzpa or how should I say… the balls to fight back.
I’ve heard it said that there are those in Congress (both parties) who just don’t want a Black man to succeed where White men have failed. It’s a very cynical thought, not to mention a prejudiced accusation, but I myself am starting to see the validity in the statement. Your job, Congressmen and women is to serve the country. Not your best interest. Not your wallet or pocketbook. Your concern should always be for the weakest among us, not major corporations. Take care of the people and the people will take care of the businesses!
I don’t usually rant on my blog. I can only recall one other time but I wanted to get this off my chest ever since I heard how poorly the U.S.P.S. was doing. I have come up with one way to help the economy and one way to help alleviate the strain that technology has placed on the Post Office.
1) Construction is down because of the real estate situation. Construction workers, electricians, and all the other industries impacted can be put back to work helping the economy as well as the environment. I propose we convert every government owned building to solar power. I propose every building the government uses and rents, find a different building if the owner does not want to convert the building to solar power. I further propose that the owner of the building must use out of work contractors to do the job.
2) As far as the Post Office is concerned, I like Saturday delivery. It’s when I send my Netflix movies back to guarantee I get the new releases delivered on Tuesday (selfish much)? Seriously, I think it would be great if in exchange for all the tax breaks the Lukoil’s, BP’s, Gulf’s, Shell’s and so on get that the Congress make some sort of deal where the USPS gets gas at a flat fee of $2.00 per gallon. If gas prices dip below $2.00 then they would pay the lower price. I know that would save the Post Office a substantial amount of money and perhaps aid it to get back on it’s feet. Ben Franklin can stop rolling in his grave.
I know nothing in reality is as simple as this post makes it out to be, but there is really nothing difficult about just doing the right thing. I believe we the people have ideas that will never be tapped that will help our economy prosper again. If you’ve come up with ideas yourself, please let me know. Perchance someone of ‘importance’ wanders across this blog, they will take some of our suggestions into consideration. And you certainly don’t have to be an American. Hard times and hurting economies are a worldwide problem. Any ideas?
- Who will deliver the US postal service from destruction? | Philip Rubio (guardian.co.uk)
- After The Post Office (forbes.com)
- U.S. Postal Service Announces Five-Month Moratorium on Closings (indiancountrytodaymedianetwork.com)