Posts Tagged Blog Comments
Well I gave you the ideas. Sixty one of them to be precise, although I did repeat one twice on purpose.
I just wanted to check up to see what if anything you’ve done with my ideas. Has anybody used any of the sixty ideas I listed to make a post of their own? I know not all of them were good ideas and I’m sure when stuck you were able to come up with ideas of your own…
However, is there anybody out there in the blogoshpere who used any? If you were stuck for ideas, what idea did you come up with on your own? Inquiring mind wants to know!
Our Guest blogger for March is Nathan Pralle from PhilosYphia. Saturday March 6, 2010 is when you can read Nathan’s post. Stop by his site to get a feel for the kind of reading you can look forward to next Saturday.
So few ideas, so many days ahead. That’s how I feel sometimes when I sit at the computer to make a post. I must admit that when I do get an idea, I write as much as I can and then decide when and where I want to post it. Right now I have post ideas written and ready to go up until January 6, 2010. There are about five days in December where I have nothing and three days this month where I still have to complete my ideas. Even though I am months ahead I still come up writers block when it comes to adding more posts. This post today will fill one of those November days!
Because I’m having difficulty I would imagine I’m not the only one. I’ve been out driving and an idea would come to me and when I got home it was gone. I’ve been in the kitchen cooking and hit with an idea but by the time I got back to the computer, it was gone. Since then I decided to carry a pad and pen with me where ever I go. When I get back to the computer I create a new post, pick a date and schedule it for publishing. To make it easier for everyone else I have come up with a list of ideas that I feel comfortable sharing with those who visit here.
Why would I share my ideas before I even use them? You reap what you sow my blogger friend and I’m hoping one day to reap the benefits of being a nice guy to the blogging community. [Hint hint!]
60 Great Blog Post Ideas
1. You found a way to save money? Share it with the world.
2. Write about your pet peeve(s).
3. Give your blogger friends ideas on great post ideas just like I’m doing here.
4. You found a way to get visitors to your site that really works; share it.
5. If your blog has a specific audience or you have a niche, contact some other bloggers in the same niche and review each other’s site.
6. Write separate posts about your favorite childhood, teenage, and/or adult memory.
7. Give some relationship advice that may have helped you.
8. Discuss your favorite TV show, Blog, Music Artist, Book, Celebrity or Food.
9. Post a favorite recipe you don’t mind sharing.
10. Create a bucket list of at least 20 ideas.
11. Create post about lists. People enjoy reading lists and they will love commenting on your list especially if they disagree.
12. Post your controversial ideas about a subject dear to you. Maybe why you believe in stem cell research.
13. Lie in your blog headline. Create a great headline like NEW Britney Spears Nude Photos! or Michael Jackson Is Alive: I’ve Got The Pictures To Prove It! Then thank everybody for increasing your visitor base and apologize for the joke.
14. Describe a scenario and get answers from the scenario you created. For instance, you’ve placed the reader on a deserted island and all they have is their iPod and a way to recharge the batteries and the iPod only has ten songs. What songs are on the iPod?
15. Explain to your readers why the Morning Erection blog is the blog to read!
16. Talk about why you believe all the great blog post ideas have already been taken.
17. Discuss why you chose to blog.
18. Educate bloggers on how they too can make money blogging.
19. Tell your readers why you decided on WordPress, LiveJournal or Blogger over the other providers of free blogs.
20. Find a newspaper headline and complain or praise the news story or the subject matter.
21. Share this list (mine) with the utmost haste with your readers!
22. Describe to your readers why you chose to “Go Green” or not to.
23. Praise your parents or your grandparents.
24. Let your readers know which celebrity you would like to have dinner with and what you would discuss.
25. Interview someone in your neighborhood. You know how USA Network has the Characters Project? Everyday people could add some spice to your blog if you know the right questions to ask everyday people. Make it a monthly series and gain a local reader base. You just might make your local newspaper one day.
26. Pick a challenge. The movie Julie and Julia is based on a real blog and a real girl. Challenge yourself and maybe Hollywood will pick up on it.
27. Write about a special blog or blog post you visited.
28. Write about how a certain smell takes you back to your childhood and describe those memories.
29. Post your favorite desktop wallpapers. Explain why you like them and how often you change your wallpaper.
30. Describe the best time for you to write and under what conditions (radio on, daytime, with a cup of coffee, first thing in the morning, or in the nude).
31. Complain about how many visitors you don’t get.
32. Complain about the great many visitors you do get but how they fail to leave comments.
33. Educate your readers on how you have been able to increase the amount of people who now do leave comments.
34. Pick a captain and tell why they were the best: Kirk, Picard, Sisko, Janeway, or Archer.
35. Discuss why Star Trek is better than Star Wars or vice versa.
36. Talk about how you plan to protect you and yours from H1N1.
37. Discuss Rap music or Country.
38. Explain the Internet and Blogging to people new to the Internet, especially the elderly.
39. Tell how you plan to or have already lost weight.
40. Describe your sexual fantasy.
41. Remind your visitors how important catchy headlines are.
42. Create a list outside of your blog roll of your favorite non blog websites and why.
43. Bring back an old post series you used to do.
44. Start a blog series. I started a Dear Series where I write to people who will never get my letters, yet I had the outlet.
45. Review a product that you found extremely useful or hopelessly useless.
46. Describe your methodology on how you were able to get big business to listen and respond to your concerns.
47. Educate young readers on outdated technology, like cassette tapes or typewriters.
48. If you can afford it, run a contest and give away a prize.
49. Conduct a poll and discuss the results in a later post. (Two post ideas for the price of one).
50. Talk about your favorite childhood cartoon.
51. Why something is better than something else. For instance why McDonald’s fries are better than anybody elses.
52. Give advice. Start an advice column where the questions might be serious but your responses are always humorous.
53. Tell how money can be made on the Internet and how to avoid scams.
54. Leave a vacation post blank and ask people to comment on where they think you are. When you come back, read their comments and post where you’ve been.
55. Ask someone (another blogger) to write a guest post.
56. Repeat #15.
57. Explain your posting style and schedule. I try to post every other day and if something comes up I can always add on my off day.
58. Share the good news about your blogs milestones; (one millionth reader, blog post with the most comments or publishing your 100th post).
59. Post your own photographs.
60. Joint post with a blogger friend about the same subject on the same day and share the link love.
61. Make your comments post specific when visiting other blogs. I went to blogs that had similar topics to my post that day and there seemed to be more comments when they visited my site. Check out my Michael Jackson Tribute Album page. The day This Is It was released I used the URL to that post instead of my blog’s regular URL of https://morningerection.wordpress.com. Other than my About page, the Michael Jackson Tribute Album post has received more comments than any other of my posts.
Your Favorite Blog Post On Your Blog or Shameless Blog Promotion…
I would love for you to leave a comment telling me from your blog which is your favorite post that you’ve written yourself. You can leave something new, something old or just the one that got the most visits or the most comments.
That is what I want from you. From me, I will give you some of the best or some of my favorite blog posts that I have found. I encourage you to visit the posts that I like and have listed below. After you add your favorite post from your page in the comment section, visit some of the other links that others have posted, assuming anybody has!
Wicked Weasel Marika
(R rated – nudity from see through bikini)
The Ten Funniest Jeopardy Bloopers Of All Time
I haven’t really been looking at other people’s posts to find my favorites, but these are ones that I had in my bookmarks so it made finding them favorites. More often than not I go to another site to leave comments and hopefully get the blog owner and their readers to click the link to come visit my blog. That is what I want for you. Leave your favorite post and I hope people will see it and in return visit your site. Promote your blog here free and easy. I will continue to try to promote my blog so people in turn will visit yours. Leave your favorite post in the comment section. Thank you very much.
When shamelessly promoting your blog please leave the following information:
1. Your Blog’s Name
2. The Title of Your Post with the URL to the post.
3. Why It’s Your Favorite Post